59 replies to this topic

tommy290

tommy290

I have a question.

• Musty Server Musterator
  • 3548 posts

• LocationMichigan

Steam Profile

Exactly my thoughts. Still enjoy me a bit of Magic from time to time - even though it's fucking expensive!

My brother and his kids are into that. I used to play in high school, but no idea what happened to my cards. Then a couple years back I wanted to get into it again, so bought new cards. Only played a couple times, then never touched the cards. I'm going to give them all to my nephews to split. Silly to let them sit in a box in my closet.

BsVHjOO.png

kichilron

kichilron

I banned tommy..

• Developer
  • 3859 posts
  • LocationPeter Enis

Steam Profile

My brother and his kids are into that. I used to play in high school, but no idea what happened to my cards. Then a couple years back I wanted to get into it again, so bought new cards. Only played a couple times, then never touched the cards. I'm going to give them all to my nephews to split. Silly to let them sit in a box in my closet.

I don't have the money to buy myself proper highendcards. But none of my friends do, so we usually just build our carddecks from shitcards - though it makes even more fun that way, as tactics are even more worth it.

Wow - we went offtopic. :-/

KAfrlth.jpg

tommy290

tommy290

I have a question.

• 3548 posts

• LocationMichigan

Steam Profile

Wow - we went offtopic. :-/

Ceppy won't find us in here. We're safe.

• kichilron is drunk enough to care

BsVHjOO.png

kichilron

kichilron

I banned tommy..

• Developer
  • 3859 posts
  • LocationPeter Enis

Steam Profile

kgoon.

KAfrlth.jpg

Inception.

Inception.

Norwegian Loverboy

• Admustystrator
  • 2431 posts

Steam Profile

:ph34r:

I forgot that adding funds to your Steam wallet via a new method renders it unusable for seven days.

<_<

• deadactionman is drunk enough to care

tommy290

tommy290

I have a question.

• 3548 posts

• LocationMichigan

Steam Profile

I forgot that adding funds to your Steam wallet via a new method renders it unusable for seven days.

<_<

RUN KICHI!!! HE'S ON TO US!!!!

But for real, what do you mean about the wallet? By new method, do you mean a new way to add funds? For example, if you add a new credit card and use that to add funds to Steam wallet, the money won't be available for 7 days?

BsVHjOO.png

Inception.

Inception.

Norwegian Loverboy

• Admustystrator
  • 2431 posts

Steam Profile

RUN KICHI!!! HE'S ON TO US!!!!

But for real, what do you mean about the wallet? By new method, do you mean a new way to add funds? For example, if you add a new credit card and use that to add funds to Steam wallet, the money won't be available for 7 days?

Yeah, I changed credit cards and added more funds. If you add funds from a new method (different credit card, for example), it takes 7 days for Steam to "validate" the funds.

WHICH MEANS, I can't do the Snow Globe badge. Tragic.

deadactionman

deadactionman

King of the Zombies

• Developer
  • 3624 posts

• LocationLocation Location

<_<

What if someone else transfers funds into your wallet (assuming you can)? Does that appear straight away?

Hang on, "changed credit cards"? Did the owner of the previous one get wise and report it to the police?

EDIT: can't send money to another wallet :(

• Inception., kichilron and Derpy are drunk enough to care

"When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you."

"Some people have a way with words, others not have way"

Inception.

Inception.

Norwegian Loverboy

• Admustystrator
  • 2431 posts

Steam Profile

What if someone else transfers funds into your wallet (assuming you can)? Does that appear straight away?

Not sure.

Hang on, "changed credit cards"? Did the owner of the previous one get wise and report it to the police?

:D

EDIT: OH, I can buy games using my wallet but I cannot use the Community Market.

THANKS GABE

• deadactionman, tommy290 and kichilron are drunk enough to care

tommy290

tommy290

I have a question.

• 3548 posts

• LocationMichigan

Steam Profile

Anyone know how booster packs work? I'm eligible for booster packs from 4 games. I did receive one yesterday, but it was for a game I haven't played in forever. The FAQ on Steam doesn't actually tell you how you get the packs, only how you become eligible. Very weird system they have.

BsVHjOO.png

kichilron

kichilron

I banned tommy..

• Developer
  • 3859 posts
  • LocationPeter Enis

Steam Profile

Anyone know how booster packs work? I'm eligible for booster packs from 4 games. I did receive one yesterday, but it was for a game I haven't played in forever. The FAQ on Steam doesn't actually tell you how you get the packs, only how you become eligible. Very weird system they have.

Don't know. Received one myself. Maybe you get one when crafting a badge or something?

KAfrlth.jpg

wooly-back-jack

wooly-back-jack

Wooly the Camper™

• 885 posts

• LocationWigan, England, UK

Steam Profile

the more cards the community as a whole craft into badges, the more chance you have of getting a booster pack. It's like the cards disappear but they still need cards in the system for it to work.

wooly-back-jack

wooly-back-jack

Wooly the Camper™

• 885 posts

• LocationWigan, England, UK

Steam Profile

How can I get a booster pack?
Once you have received all of your card drops, you become eligible for a booster pack, which is a set of 3 trading cards that may include both basic and foil cards. Booster packs are granted randomly to eligible users as more badges are crafted by members of the community. Make sure you log in to Steam each week to maintain eligibility. 

Once eligible, your Steam Level increases your rate of receiving a booster pack drop:
  • Level 10: +20% increase in your drop rate
  • Level 20: +40% increase in your drop rate
  • Level 30: +60% increase in your drop rate
  • Level 40: +80% increase in your drop rate
  • Level 50: +100% increase in your drop rate (i.e. the rate has doubled)
  • Etc.
How do I know if I can get card drops and booster packs?
From your Badges page, the “How do I earn card drops?” window shows you how many card drops you have earned, how to get more, and if you are currently eligible for a booster pack drop.

deadactionman

deadactionman

King of the Zombies

• Developer
  • 3624 posts

• LocationLocation Location

I thought they just allow more free drops while playing? Every now and then I seem to just get free cards. You get so many for free but you need to trade or buy the others.

I've also found out that you can trade an item without asking for something from the other person.... basically you can give your shit away for free (hint hint)

In a moment of temporary giddiness, I've spent £10 on extra cards and my profile looks fabulous!

http://steamcommunit.../deadactionman/
  • tommy290 and wooly-back-jack are drunk enough to care

"When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you."

"Some people have a way with words, others not have way"

tommy290

tommy290

I have a question.

• 3548 posts

• LocationMichigan

Steam Profile

I was misinterpreting the booster pack description. I was thinking that if you were eligible, it was granting you the ability to get the booster pack in each game. Now I get it.

BsVHjOO.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: steam, cards, trade, me love you long time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users