102 replies to this topic

Prime

Prime

Definitely not Prime

• Members
  • 796 posts

• LocationNew Jersey (Murica)

Steam Profile

I don't leave work now Klesh until about 7pm. If you're on 9/10ish tonight I will be DOWN.

• Steak and Potatoes and klesh are drunk enough to care

MtwHh9C.jpg

You should never be out of whiskey. ~ tommy290

klesh

klesh

Dr. Venkman

• Members
  • 423 posts
  • LocationAssholeachusetts

So I got the opportunity to play this coop with someone.  It's definitely a little buggy, but playable for sure.  I had the best time in the ~25 hours I've had in the game during that 1 hour of coop.  The biggest downside is that there is no way to save and reload a coop game.  You can load a game you saved in coop mode, but you'll be playing it SP.  So its basically a proof of concept coop tech demo, but you can't actually keep playing and building and such.

• Steak and Potatoes and Prime are drunk enough to care

Posted Image

Prime

Prime

Definitely not Prime

• Members
  • 796 posts

• LocationNew Jersey (Murica)

Steam Profile

I had the best time in the ~25 hours I've had in the game during that 1 hour of coop.

So it was totally worth it...

Hey man, I totally dig them working on this. Seems like they are progressing at a nice pace. Looking forward to getting online myself soon. Thanks for keeping me in the loop brother. ;)

• Steak and Potatoes and klesh are drunk enough to care

MtwHh9C.jpg

You should never be out of whiskey. ~ tommy290

klesh

klesh

Dr. Venkman

• Members
  • 423 posts

Yup, we should definitely play. I read somewhere about connecting using Tungle, which is some virtual IP game thing you log into. That was the only way we got it to work. Fortunately i had already set that up for Napoleon Total War games, so no sweat for me.

Was able to really survive, build a big base with walls and everything. It was pretty sexy. To do it right at this point, you need to set aside 2 hours and hope whoever is acting as the server doesnt crash or it's game over. For me, about an hour and a half in, my game crashed when accessing inventory. You don't want to hop back in and start from scratch after that.

Hopefully they hotfix the save issue, or they add the ability in the next patch ~2 weeks.
  • Steak and Potatoes is drunk enough to care

Posted Image

klesh

klesh

Dr. Venkman

• Members
  • 423 posts

Big update again today.  These guys are great:

Version 0.10 Changelog:
  • Platforms! Place the log cabin on a slope and procedural platform will be constructed underneath to give it support. No more cabins on side of hills. 
  • New buildable item: Tree platforms! 
  • Building height system added Look up to place structures higher (using procedural foundation system) or downwards to place on ground (as in old system) 
  • Climbing system! Player can now climb rope 
  • Removed steps from tree houses! Replaced with climbable hanging ropes. 
  • Added clamp to tonemapper to stop it sometimes turning screen completely black if seeing a very bright pixel. Fixed related issue where bloom would sometimes cause screen to turn black if it found overbright pixels. 
  • Fixed issue with plastic torch spamming errors, causing a performance drain when using torch light source 
  • Tweaks to world lighting and fog/ambient colors. Lighter and plastic torch now cast shadows. 
  • Tweaked enemy density in caves 
  • Added option to turn off all hud elements in options menu (not recommended!) 
  • Increased size of rabbit on fire to match world scale 
  • Small performance optimization on cpu by removing OnGui calls 
  • Meds will now be auto consumed if health below 20 when picked up 
  • (single player only bug)Fix for pine tree top heavy not being cuttable 
  • Fixed missing marigold and chicory plants 
  • Improved ambient audio zones and fixed outside sounds continuing to play when inside a cave 
  • Improved cave audio ambience 
  • Lizards can now be caught in cages along with rabbits (and raccoons) 
  • Fire Arrows! Press L with bow equipped and at least 1 piece of cloth in inventory 
  • New falling leaf particles (3x) added and improved look of leaf burst (less bright/unlit) 
  • New fluff particles added and using a new dust shader (bright in light, dark in shadow particle shader) 
  • Improved look of torch light - now two tone 
  • Fixed overbright lights on mutant creepy’s fires and all bombs/held bombs and better balance on bomb explosion particles 
  • Balance pass on all mutant textures, improved look of skin and put all into same texture value space 
  • New improved blood particles! 
  • Fixed issues with sticky bombs 
  • Fixed enemy skin and player arms sometimes losing ability to receive shadow and appearing overbright 
  • Fixed molotovs not exploding on impacting enemies 
  • Improved transition from cannibal village hole to caves using new generic rock chunks 
  • Log holder is now pushable using push and hold animations 
  • Fixed audio issue where some sounds would fade out instantly/abruptly 
  • New suitcase art (6 textures variations, 2 model variations) added! 
  • Fixed missing mesh renderer at front of plane crash(animated forward hull) 
  • Animated passengers added to plane crash! - Don’t skip crash! 
  • Fixed dead lizard normals flipped causing ragdoll to look different than regular model 
  • Improved look of small shelter (better rocks, better log renders etc) 
  • Lighter will always light after a limited amount of attempts (was previously possible to attempt to light 20 plus times if unlucky) 
  • Fixed lighter animation playing continuously when stashing lighter quickly after getting it out 
  • Improved held item switching sequence (better use of existing animations) 
  • Pale enemies no longer attack each other or the distorted creatures 
  • Removed cave beach entrances -replaced with rope climb out areas in lower caves fixing issues with entering caves near ocean 
  • New molotov weapon art 
  • Fixed lighter flame being too small visually 
  • Fixed flare gun making shooting sound when fired without flares (will now make an empty click sound) 
  • Improved tree falling sound settings 
  • Swimming sound effects added! 
  • Tuned/balanced pick up sound effects, eating sound effects etc 
  • Enemies will now always prioritize visible players over other enemies in combat 
  • Improved instances of small items pushing player and added max velocity to attempt to stop player flying up into sky 
  • (multiplayer) fixed bug where some shadows would break/change after respawning 
  • Improved some environment art, started implementing better cliffs in some areas and higher detail rocks. Added new lake zone. 
  • New art for (some) cave stalagmites and stalactites 
    (hopeful fix) for players sometimes swimming even when not in water area 
  • Player will now stash weapon when swimming! 
  • New creature added! - Check the caves. 
  • Delay added to combat music so it won’t continuously trigger when entering in/out of combat 
  • (multiplayer)Walkie talkies added! Press Q to communicate in multiplayer games. 
  • (multiplayer) Fixed issue where items needed would sometimes stay on screen depending on if client/server destroyed a blueprint 
  • (multiplayer) Fixed issue where returning to start menu would break game and turned back option in menu 
  • (multiplayer) Fixed Enemies not showing blood particle fx on clients when they are hit. 
  • (multiplayer) default player cap increased to 8 along with option to go up to 128 players (for adventurous players only! not recommended) 
  • (multiplayer)Fixed Suitcases not being replicated over the network and existing only locally for each player 
  • (multiplayer) Fixed Mutant ragdolls not replicated properly on client 
  • (multiplayer) Fixed Wall built in MP vanishing instead of turning into logs when destroyed 
  • (multiplayer) Fixed issue where remote players would not alert enemies via sound detection 
  • (multiplayer) Lizard skin player armor now visible by both client/host 
  • (multiplayer)Fix for overlapping chat text 
  • (multiplayer)Fixed some Log duplication bugs 
  • (multiplayer)Fixed Logs invisible for client in certain spots on the map 
  • (multiplayer) Fixed issue where only newly built effigies would only be seen by host 
  • (multiplayer) Fixed client/host sometimes having differently positioned yacht location 
  • New art added for some of the cave entrances 
  • Re-worked save game system so future updates will (likely) not erase save games to work! 
  • Fixed issue with weapon upgrades have no or very little effect 
  • Improved animal spawning in world- less chance of dead zones where no animals ever show up

Posted Image

klesh

klesh

Dr. Venkman

• Members
  • 423 posts

In case you missed it in the above: 

(multiplayer) default player cap increased to 8 along with option to go up to 128 players (for adventurous players only! not recommended)

:Klesh:

Posted Image

Star

Star

"Nothing Is Beyond Our Reach" - Octopus

• Admustystrator
  • 1561 posts

Steam Profile

• Star - In Game
    Total War™: WARHAMMER®
    17 hrs last 2 weeks.
    Add Friend

Played it for a bit yesterday with Cale and baron

my new fashion style

EyiMGK1.jpg

The Pop increase is nice..... But Damn there's still a bunch of Bugs present in the game 

I love a heap of the additions they have added though, makes it much more enjoyable. Most of the bugs you can overlook for Co-op, but others are just downright annoying.. 

Such as how no fish seem to spawn anywhere, there's a limited amount of cannibals ( we only had groups attack for the first two nights, after that we searched around at day and night and couldn't see any)

There's a few sync issues, such as players not being able to see fires that other players make (with the exception of campfires)

The animal spawns still need to be reworked, we had 5 lizards spawn on top of each other each time we killed one, then after the first 2 days never saw another lizard on the map.

There's currently also no saving for Co-op and you have to direct connect via IP which can get frustrating as you have to forward your ports if you want to actually host. 

It still has bad physics, we made a tree house then I decided to chop down the tree while they were not looking, The tree fell down but the tree house stayed floating with its alien technology.

there's an annoying buy with items such as the pacemaker or walkie talkie, where the UI telling you what button you press to close the item stay's up...forever 

You currently cannot see other players items that are dropped on the ground and there are bad sync issues with the UI for building, as it displayed an incorrect number as it didn't count the other players logs, sticks .etc

Overall its a fun game, but needs a lot more work on the core structure before more flashy things are added

• Steak and Potatoes, klesh and gorillahands4 are drunk enough to care

Check out http://www.avasdemon.com/for an amazing Visual Story

Baron

Baron

Elongated Member

• Admustystrator
  • 513 posts

Steam Profile

The bugs aren't game breaking, but definitely some annoying ones. The global sounds were the worst, quite unnerving to hear another players axe swing while you're crafting. Especially as Star can't fully grasp the idea of co-op gameplay :P 

I can see myself playing this a whole lot more now with multiplayer mode, hopefully data saves are implemented next.

• Star, Steak and Potatoes, IRkorpus and 2 others are drunk enough to care

Posted Image

BigDog

BigDog

Grouchier every day.

• Members
  • 1140 posts
  • LocationScotland

Especially as Star can't fully grasp the idea of co-op gameplay :P

You're there for him to hit with an axe, what more could you ask for?
  • Star, Steak and Potatoes, klesh and 1 other are drunk enough to care

gorillahands4

gorillahands4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationUSA

Bought this game during the steam sale and played with some friends.  Really enjoy some of the core concepts they've incorporated.  I'm liking the fact that you can prevent night attacks from the tribal cannibals if you avoid the scouting party from ever making contact with you.  If they do make contact as long as you kill the entire party before they can get back to their respective dwelling that also prevents larger raids from seeking you out.  I also like the fact that you can scare them off by simply standing your ground or killing their leader.  Of course that doesn't always work and after you start killing them in droves it stops working altogether.  I read somewhere that the devs want the game to play out similarly to "I am Legend" (the book, not the movie).  Well worth the ten bucks I spent picking it up, but as others have mentioned the bugs in the game can get rather annoying in co-op. 

• Steak and Potatoes, kichilron and Baron are drunk enough to care

IRkorpus

IRkorpus

Marcus The Merkin says "pass the fuckin rye already"

• Members
  • 764 posts
  • LocationMelburn or Melbin not Melborn! fucking foreigners...

Steam Profile

so i had a few hours game play at a mates on sunday.

The Forest fuckin rocks. i havnt looked yet but could some of you guys post some screenies please or even some vids of your base/ camp/ home.

the game ended when my mate got sprung by 2 natives. it was on a MP server him as host (one person only).

i found a re-breather, an air tank, a modern axe, a cassette player with a tape. and when we built a small animal trap we were able to capture live rabbits. we also built some storage racks (logs, sticks, rocks). it was an awesome few hours, i really enjoyed the concept and i shall keep up with how it develops.

i still cant believe how immersed i was!

if i had a PC still i would spend all my time in The Forest

• tommy290, Prime and Baron are drunk enough to care

Fate Amenable To Change

2vsm1ee.png

Vexilla regis prodeunt inferni

Wer Bier verschenkt wird aufgehängt

IRkorpus

IRkorpus

Marcus The Merkin says "pass the fuckin rye already"

• Members
  • 764 posts
  • LocationMelburn or Melbin not Melborn! fucking foreigners...

Steam Profile

yeh it fuckin rocks my world

Fate Amenable To Change

2vsm1ee.png

Vexilla regis prodeunt inferni

Wer Bier verschenkt wird aufgehängt

diggers

diggers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 177 posts
  • Locationuk

You can now save Timmy(the kid from the intro)

a EA game that may get finished,like wtf

is this going to start a trend,well dayz get finished prehaps

lol no well it fuck

but great game,and definalty didnt see that ending coming

sorry for bumping a 2 year old thread

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: see here

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users