36 replies to this topic

tommy290

tommy290

I have a question.

• Musty Server Musterator
  • 3544 posts

• LocationMichigan

Steam Profile

Looks like there's close to a dozen Musties that have Dying Light now. What's the verdict? It has really positive Steam reviews. Are you guys playing co-op or everyone just going through the single player storyline?

• Steak and Potatoes is drunk enough to care

BsVHjOO.png

Steak and Potatoes

Steak and Potatoes

For The Realm & John Locke

• Admustystrator
  • 2079 posts

• LocationAmber's Bedroom

Steam Profile

Looks like there's close to a dozen Musties that have Dying Light now. What's the verdict? It has really positive Steam reviews. Are you guys playing co-op or everyone just going through the single player storyline?

There are pros and cons, I bought it Monday and by Weds I was maxed out this was obsessive playing though pretty much all day addiction.  The visual and fluid movement alone is worth the buy.   I really enjoy the game I have taken down almost all the side quests as that is my last feat before turning to mods.  The opening to mods is where I think you will get endless replayability,  my current focus when ready is to add time piece, allows for watch checks whilst playing by pressing 4 (SAZ) super aggressive zombies and the removal of some visual effects i.e. grain.  Nightime is absolute hell regardless of your level, I think the SAZ mod will just make this even worse.  I've done some play throughs with a few musties and had a great time.  As Delta pointed out early on its best to not get high tier items from your friends who are higher level as it will cheapen some of the experience.  I personally do not care though, if you want a sword from me its on the ground, just ask.  Here is a list of the current players in Musty who I have coop'd with so far:

Delta.

God.

Dog Day.

Star-First time he has not tk'd me in a coop :).

Kich.

Dmentman.

Dyhuhn.

Baron.

Prime.

Baker.

I forsee more musties picking it up, I would be happy to play through many more times so just hit me up Thomas, the game is great :).

Here is the SAZ

• tommy290 is drunk enough to care

What Can I Say I love AmberHelios

Star

Star

"Nothing Is Beyond Our Reach" - Octopus

• Admustystrator
  • 1561 posts

Steam Profile

• Star - In Game
    Total War™: WARHAMMER®
    17 hrs last 2 weeks.
    Add Friend

Star-First time he has not tk'd me in a coop :).

Well that's a lie, I think within 20 minutes I killed you and delta 3-4 times by throwing propane tank's at you and shooting them xP

Team killing and star?

"Life... Finds a way" -Ian Malcolm regarding my 'extra kils' 

• Steak and Potatoes, tommy290 and INSANIAC are drunk enough to care

Check out http://www.avasdemon.com/for an amazing Visual Story

Steak and Potatoes

Steak and Potatoes

• Admustystrator
  • 2079 posts

Steam Profile

Well that's a lie, I think within 20 minutes I killed you and delta 3-4 times by throwing propane tank's at you and shooting them xP

Team killing and star?

"Life... Finds a way" -Ian Malcolm regarding my 'extra kils' 

Well shit, i thought that was delta doing that. 

• tommy290 is drunk enough to care

Target Practice

Target Practice

Haha, 'member'.

• 602 posts

I picked it up at the behest of Kichi (who then promptly fucked off offline as soon as I'd spent 4 hours downloading it :P), and it's been okay so far. I'm guessing multiplayer is where things really start picking up though.

One complaint I do have is the shitty performance. This is literally the only game other than ARMA 3 (and early versions of the DayZ standalone) I've had to revisit the graphics settings menu more than once to try and sort out uneven framerates, and I still can't get it to sit at a comfortable rate. I'm not running a beast, but I'm running a decent enough machine (i7-3770, GTX 670) that I shouldn't be having to spend more than thirty seconds trying to make the game playable.

If you're on the fence (I know Wooly and Tommy both are), I'd probably say hold off for now unless you were a huge fan of Dead Island, or you know you've got a group you'll be able to play with. It's definitely better than I was expecting it to be, but I don't know if it's worth buying at full price. Anything below $30/£20, it's worth it. Anything more than that and it'll be down to personal taste as to whether you'll feel like you got your money's worth.

• Steak and Potatoes, tommy290 and kichilron are drunk enough to care

kichilron

kichilron

I banned tommy..

• Developer
  • 3859 posts
  • LocationPeter Enis

Steam Profile

I picked it up at the behest of Kichi (who then promptly fucked off offline as soon as I'd spent 4 hours downloading it :P), 

To be fair, I had to go to the hospital.

• Steak and Potatoes and tommy290 are drunk enough to care

KAfrlth.jpg

Target Practice

Target Practice

Haha, 'member'.

• 602 posts

To be fair, I had to go to the hospital.

Well, that serves you right. Shouldn't have put it up there in the first place. :P
  • Steak and Potatoes, tommy290, kichilron and 1 other are drunk enough to care

Steak and Potatoes

Steak and Potatoes

• Admustystrator
  • 2079 posts

Steam Profile

I picked it up at the behest of Kichi (who then promptly fucked off offline as soon as I'd spent 4 hours downloading it :P), and it's been okay so far. I'm guessing multiplayer is where things really start picking up though.

One complaint I do have is the shitty performance. This is literally the only game other than ARMA 3 (and early versions of the DayZ standalone) I've had to revisit the graphics settings menu more than once to try and sort out uneven framerates, and I still can't get it to sit at a comfortable rate. I'm not running a beast, but I'm running a decent enough machine (i7-3770, GTX 670) that I shouldn't be having to spend more than thirty seconds trying to make the game playable.

If you're on the fence (I know Wooly and Tommy both are), I'd probably say hold off for now unless you were a huge fan of Dead Island, or you know you've got a group you'll be able to play with. It's definitely better than I was expecting it to be, but I don't know if it's worth buying at full price. Anything below $30/£20, it's worth it. Anything more than that and it'll be down to personal taste as to whether you'll feel like you got your money's worth.

Indeed, there was a patch update yesterday which allows you to remove alot of effects for performance.  I'm running 2 gtx 460's and put everything on max other then visibility, I found overall great performance except for certain cut scenes, i.e. if a spitter nails me my game freezes from refreshing if a zombie latches that has the green smoke effect freezes.  It hicups for a few seconds but I return to fight, during which time I do not take damage so Im not burnt over it.  There are a few nexus mods which allow you to adjust every visual feature for max optimization but I have not dabbled with it yet this is the one I was looking at http://www.nexusmods...nglight/mods/18 removing some of the grain effects to give it a more natural look anyways should boost the performance, I also set the game to high priority in windows task manager.

INSANIAC

INSANIAC

'AV IT!

• 601 posts

• LocationEngland

Steam Profile

I've played some of the campaign now and honestly I'm not impressed.

The visuals are shoddy, performance is pretty poor and if you took out the zombies you'd just be playing Far Cry. It's mechanics and even animations copy Far Cry's so much that I actually thought this was made by Ubisoft (which would explain the performance issues) but I was surprised to find it wasn't.

Maybe the multiplayer will offer something more, but based on my current experience I wouldn't put any more time into it.

Posted Image

kichilron

kichilron

I banned tommy..

• Developer
  • 3859 posts
  • LocationPeter Enis

Steam Profile

Maybe the multiplayer will offer something more, but based on my current experience I wouldn't put any more time into it.

Definitely does. On your own it can be quite repetetive and boring.

KAfrlth.jpg

tommy290

tommy290

I have a question.

• 3544 posts

• LocationMichigan

Steam Profile

Anyone still playing this? It's been great fun for me. I haven't done any multiplayer and have it set so others can't join my game, but it's a blast running around and killing things on my own. It's kind of like killing all the orcs in Shadow of Mordor. Once you unlock a few skills and get some better weapons, it's not nearly as scary as when you first start. I've got it on normal mode, so I'm assuming hard would be a different story. That's not my style though. I like rampaging. I also enjoy the parkour stuff now that I'm leveled up a bit. I die quite a bit by misjudging height or jumping distance, but it's crazy fun when you make it over all the rooftops.

• kichilron is drunk enough to care

BsVHjOO.png

kichilron

kichilron

I banned tommy..

• Developer
  • 3859 posts
  • LocationPeter Enis

Steam Profile

Anyone still playing this? It's been great fun for me. I haven't done any multiplayer and have it set so others can't join my game, but it's a blast running around and killing things on my own. It's kind of like killing all the orcs in Shadow of Mordor. Once you unlock a few skills and get some better weapons, it's not nearly as scary as when you first start. I've got it on normal mode, so I'm assuming hard would be a different story. That's not my style though. I like rampaging. I also enjoy the parkour stuff now that I'm leveled up a bit. I die quite a bit by misjudging height or jumping distance, but it's crazy fun when you make it over all the rooftops.

I was playing it again not too long ago, and if you see me online on Steam, ask me if I'm willing to play again, I would love to.

KAfrlth.jpg

tommy290

tommy290

I have a question.

• 3544 posts

• LocationMichigan

Steam Profile

The Following DLC came out yesterday. I hopped on, originally intending just to make sure it downloaded and installed properly. Got sucked in for an hour or so, as I couldn't help myself. So far it's great. I'm intrigued by the story, can't wait to see what I can do with the bow, and the driving is arcadey fun. There's a new leveling system, which is awesome since I maxed out everything else in the main game. I didn't look in-depth, but it appears you can really buff up your character according to your playstyle. Very cool.

I didn't really notice all the enhancements. There seems to be a weird camera motion when you stop running, but I think it might've been there before and I just learned to ignore it. I'm also getting some odd sparkly artifacts on faces. Other than that, I can't really tell if things were greatly improved. I'm still getting good FPS and I never thought the game looked bad to begin with, so I don't really care. 

Dying Light is definitely on my list of favorite games. I can't believe I'm not bored with it yet, but something about it just keeps entertaining me. 

• kichilron is drunk enough to care

BsVHjOO.png

tommy290

tommy290

I have a question.

• 3544 posts

• LocationMichigan

Steam Profile

Has anyone completed the Bozak Horde? Apparently the bow you get from it is better than the one you get in The Following. I haven't tried Bozak yet, since I'm not a huge fan of fighting through waves of enemies, but I might give it a shot if it means I get a better bow. I assume it's easier with more people, and if so, we should get some Musties together one night to go through it. Not sure how long it takes, or if you can save your progress, so maybe it'll take more than a night. In any case, it's still an excuse to kill some zombies again, just like the good ol' days.

I'll even get on Teamspeak...

• enderian is drunk enough to care

BsVHjOO.png

enderian

enderian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 80 posts

Has anyone completed the Bozak Horde? Apparently the bow you get from it is better than the one you get in The Following. I haven't tried Bozak yet, since I'm not a huge fan of fighting through waves of enemies, but I might give it a shot if it means I get a better bow. I assume it's easier with more people, and if so, we should get some Musties together one night to go through it. Not sure how long it takes, or if you can save your progress, so maybe it'll take more than a night. In any case, it's still an excuse to kill some zombies again, just like the good ol' days.

I'll even get on Teamspeak...

Steak, Heisenberg and I are running through The Following at the moment. IIRC we're about 70% done with the main story-line? But we were just discussing that it seems like you need a full group of 4 for Bozak's Horde. Maybe all of our gaming time will intersect at some point!

• baker is drunk enough to care

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users