Photo

Kerbal Space Program (Sneaky Russian Space Command)

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

Lord Kebab Remover

Lord Kebab Remover

Defender(Remover) of the Realm

• Members
  • 158 posts

Which lovely peoples fly Kerbals at high speed into objects that may or may not be space or mountains?

I've spent a good 70 hours in it so far, so I'll upload some screenshots when I get home.

I've landed on Minmas and the Mun, set up satellites on both moons and built a bitching space station in HKO, however I've yet to successfully navigate into another planet but my goal is for my first mission to Duna to actually be able to come back.

• Steak and Potatoes, Sula, Julius Caesar and 1 other are drunk enough to care

Posted Image

This game was never intended to be fair.

Sergeant ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

Sergeant ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

Eren Jaeger-Bombastic

• Admustystrator
  • 404 posts

I've played a little bit, but not enough to properly learn the mechanics and not build a rocket that looks like a giant space phallus which plummets into the ground 4 seconds into its journey.

• Inception., Steak and Potatoes, FlamingDefibs and 3 others are drunk enough to care
Posted ImagePosted Image

CornProducts

CornProducts

Advanced Dismemberer

• Members
  • 774 posts
  • LocationUSA

Watched a friend play it, and thought it was amaziballs. I'm hesitant to buy it because I know I am in a delicate emotional state where I buy random games to fill the void left open by a lack of Dayz Standalone.

The first step is recognizing I have a problem.

• Mayuyu, Steak and Potatoes, TheWeinerKingOfDetroit and 2 others are drunk enough to care

Shoot and Scoot... Stick Together... No One Gets Left Behind...  -Legionarius-

Curious about the profile pic? The backstory is here http://www.thesneeze...ives/000344.php (not my blog)

Lord Kebab Remover

Lord Kebab Remover

• Members
  • 158 posts

Watched a friend play it, and thought it was amaziballs. I'm hesitant to buy it because I know I am in a delicate emotional state where I buy random games to fill the void left open by a lack of Dayz Standalone.

The first step is recognizing I have a problem.

Are we Steam friends?

Pop it in your wishlist and it may arrive suddenly the next time the alpha goes on stale. 

• Steak and Potatoes is drunk enough to care

Posted Image

CornProducts

CornProducts

Advanced Dismemberer

• Members
  • 774 posts
  • LocationUSA

Are you trying to buy my love?

Because you are doing an excellent job. Keep it up.

We are not Steamy Friends, my steam name is as it appears here, and everywhere. I often turn my head when I hear the word corn said aloud in public.

• Lord Kebab Remover is drunk enough to care

Shoot and Scoot... Stick Together... No One Gets Left Behind...  -Legionarius-

Curious about the profile pic? The backstory is here http://www.thesneeze...ives/000344.php (not my blog)

Lord Kebab Remover

Lord Kebab Remover

• Members
  • 158 posts

Are you trying to buy my love?

Because you are doing an excellent job. Keep it up.

Like when I play Civ 5 BNW.

Buy the love to get to the top.

Posted Image

Lord Kebab Remover

Lord Kebab Remover

• Members
  • 158 posts

Achievements to date.

Munar Landing

aqJ0WzI.jpg

Sneaky Russian Space Command: Refuel Station 1

7UhqfPg.jpg

Landing a Spaceplane on Minmas

0JDOMtr.jpg

COMRADE! LOOK OUT THE WINDOW IS SPACE!

k0Ydvaf.jpg

Posing on Minmas

sUFBFmM.jpg

Assembling my Duna Interplanetary Comrade Craft in orbit

wiyu01H.jpg

Assembled, next stop Red Planet!

SoamDgn.jpg

And obligatory

Spaceplane that is aerobraking on return from Spacestation.

7ipNaik.jpg

• Steak and Potatoes, IRkorpus, Bleakbear and 5 others are drunk enough to care

Posted Image

Zodiac13

Zodiac13

.50 cal medic

• Members
  • 482 posts
  • LocationWinchester,TN

Steam Profile

Looks good. Wish I had more common sense when it comes to rocket design. My way of combating slow take off is to just strap more solid boosters onto the sides of my ship. I once made a ship turn into a fireball leaving the planet.

Posted Image

Lord Kebab Remover

Lord Kebab Remover

• Members
  • 158 posts

Looks good. Wish I had more common sense when it comes to rocket design. My way of combating slow take off is to just strap more solid boosters onto the sides of my ship. I once made a ship turn into a fireball leaving the planet.

Aerobraking on ascent is a truly Kerbal achievement, but if you check out things like your thrust-to-weight ratio and the efficiency of your stages you'll find getting to orbit and beyond becomes progressively easier. 

Look up Asparagus staging as that may help!

Posted Image

Lord Kebab Remover

Lord Kebab Remover

• Members
  • 158 posts

I've just succesfully landed my Kerbal Comrades on Duna and returned them, so I figured I'd share a few mods that let that happen.

I declare myself resident rocket scientist.

Firstly once you've succesfully gotten to the Mun unaided, download mechjeb.

http://www.mechjeb.com

This is an autopilot, so now we get to play like NASA and only bust out manual controls for fun times, but if you want to get your payload into planetary transfer and don't want to spend 45 minutes with a protractor and a calculator then this is for you!

Next, part packs.

These are all brilliant for helping build cool shit.

B9 Aerospace

Cool stuff all around, a series of part and section mods that are great for building futuristic looking complex spacecraft.

http://kerbalspacepo...pace-pack-r3-1/

Kerbal Parts eXpansion

MORE PARTS TO PLAY WITH!

http://forum.kerbals...reposted-v0-2-3

Anvil Rockets

This mod provides a great list of SSTO craft for specific payloads, if you just want to launch station parts and sattelites into LKO but hate re-using crazy and explosive asparagus stages, get this.

http://kerbalspacepo.../anvil-rockets/

FusTek Station Parts

Great for building beautiful space station!

http://kerbalspacepo...arts-expansion/

Kerbal Manifest

The perfect tool for moving your guys around inside vehicles, no need for pesky EVA transits at 8,000 m/s when they can just walk down a corridor in this mod.

http://kerbalspacepo...-crew-manifest/

Posted Image

Anti___

Anti___

You Are Here

• Members
  • 429 posts
  • LocationSwamp

Ive been watching hocgaming's charity drive to the Kerban north pole, and now, I've been obsessed with building an indestructible Kerbal rover... I'll post some screen shots of my best prototype when I'm off work. It's been fun though, working around the insane driving physics at full gravity.

TheDesigner

TheDesigner

• Members
  • 4 posts

These are screen grabs of my steam photos, as my save got corrupted with some of my best accomplishments to date.

And something that I found which is pretty cool is Kerbal Live Feed (http://forum.kerbals...t-Server-v0-6-6). It's basically multiplayer. People's waypoints and ship icons are updated live (They are not physically in your game, though) when playing and you can share screenshots with other people (it's main feature), showing off your achievement/failure. You can chat and everything, it's pretty cool. It helps to be able to get live feedback and tips from people. I went from not being able to get a parallel orbit with the Mun to landing on Eve in one day.

Minmus Space Station

uFu0ztH.png

Eve "Lander" (Was a satellite that I made capable of landing just in case I got sucked into Eve's orbit. And I did.)

QVIDvXs.png

• Steak and Potatoes and IRkorpus are drunk enough to care

Lord Kebab Remover

Lord Kebab Remover

• Members
  • 158 posts

Nice, I've made it to Duna and recently re-started a hardmode game with RemoteTech and life support mods.

I've avoided touching Eve yet because I want to go there with a vehicle that can make it back but with the gravity and atmosphere it's proven difficult designing craft to make it that far.

Posted Image

TheDesigner

TheDesigner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Nice, I've made it to Duna and recently re-started a hardmode game with RemoteTech and life support mods.

I've avoided touching Eve yet because I want to go there with a vehicle that can make it back but with the gravity and atmosphere it's proven difficult designing craft to make it that far.

I recommend launching the ship in pieces into the orbit Eve, like possibly 2 fuel modules and the lander. Use one fueld to refuel going into Eve. Then get back into orbit, refuel with same module, then dock with the 2nd module and you'd have plenty of fuel to fly back home. Sounds easy writing it down, but KSP is KSP and it'll probably be hard.

Lord Kebab Remover

Lord Kebab Remover

• Members
  • 158 posts

Doesn't sound too difficult, I'm just concerned with practical ISP especially in the heavy gravity, I'll need to build something with maximum efficiency but enough thrust to get out of the atmosphere before i dump too much fuel.

Possibly a multi stage lander that ditches empty cells + runs some turbofan engines.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users