Photo

Kerbal Space Program (Sneaky Russian Space Command)

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

klesh

klesh

Dr. Venkman

• Members
  • 423 posts
  • LocationAssholeachusetts

SOMEONE SHOW ME THE WAYS I REALLY WANT TO LIKE THIS GAME I GAVE IT OVER 10 HOURS BUT TO NO AVAIL.

Watch a couple of this guy's tutorials.  He is an astronomer, physics nut, and all around Kerbal mastermind.  He has some great beginner videos that really really helped me, plus his advanced videos are really fun to watch too.

http://www.youtube.com/user/szyzyg

• IRkorpus and FinalNinja447 are drunk enough to care

Posted Image

FinalNinja447

FinalNinja447

*It's a hologram*

• Members
  • 397 posts

• LocationQuebec

Steam Profile

Watch a couple of this guy's tutorials.  He is an astronomer, physics nut, and all around Kerbal mastermind.  He has some great beginner videos that really really helped me, plus his advanced videos are really fun to watch too.

http://www.youtube.com/user/szyzyg

Many thanks musty ghostbuster ! Finally got this saucer into the void ! Onto more complicated stuff now..

P.S. this tutorial guy is a good entertainer. 

• klesh is drunk enough to care

'' People talk about phantom limbs. An amputee feels an itch where his foot used to be. So I've always wondered...

Do eunuchs have a phantom c*ck? ''

ezgif.com-gif-maker_zps1r64q7uz.gif

Lord Kebab Remover

Lord Kebab Remover

Defender(Remover) of the Realm

• Members
  • 158 posts

Tragedy struck last night when my first Mun-bound probe ran out of electricity. I just sat there staring at my screen as I watched my helpless probe become the victim of savage gravitational fields, eventually ending up in a semi stable orbit about the same distance out as Duna.

Long story short, how do you get rechargeable batteries to work in conjunction with your power generating thingies(in my case two solar panels)?

I have gotten the blutonium dealies to work once, but I was looking for something more light weight for my first Mun probe.

I can't think why they didn't work unless you didn't deploy your solar panels.

Deploy them and have enough power so you can stay alive and maybe do some light manoeuvres when on the dark side of the planets. 

Posted Image

This game was never intended to be fair.

CornProducts

CornProducts

Advanced Dismemberer

• Members
  • 774 posts
  • LocationUSA

Successful Mun landing with unmanned probe.

At 0900 hours this morning "Space Phallis Mk2" launched and was able to achieve orbit around Mun and eventually land with all systems intact. It shall remain as a monument to all the probes lost attempting to do just the same.

Here are some screenies from a follow up mission that uses the exact same lower stages, I only altered to the top segment to suit a Mun orbiter better (no landing gear, mo' science dealies).

Or no screenies, because I am not allowed to use that image extension (.jpg) on this community. I mess with it later.

If you need to see the pics right away friend me on steam. I uploaded to da cloud. Steam ID is CornProducts

• Inception. is drunk enough to care

Shoot and Scoot... Stick Together... No One Gets Left Behind...  -Legionarius-

Curious about the profile pic? The backstory is here http://www.thesneeze...ives/000344.php (not my blog)

Lord Kebab Remover

Lord Kebab Remover

• Members
  • 158 posts

New patch is out.

Go forth and do Science gentlemen. 

• Prime is drunk enough to care

Posted Image

klesh

klesh

Dr. Venkman

• Members
  • 423 posts

The patch notes:

* Career Mode:

- Career Mode is now open! Although still very much under development, you can now start new Career saves.

- Sandbox mode, of course, is also available from the start.

* Research and Development:

- Added the Research & Development Facility to the Space Center.

- R&D allows players to unlock parts (and later other stuff) by researching nodes on the Tech Tree (In Career Mode).

* Science:

- Researching requires Science, which must be earned by performing experiments during your missions.

- You can now collect surface samples while on EVA, and process them to do Science.

- Science experiments return results, which are different for each situation in which the experiment is performed.

- Experiments can (as all proper experiments must) be repeated over many different situations across the whole Solar System.

- Added a new dialog to show the results of experiments when reviewing the collected data.

- Added a new dialog to show a breakdown of all scientific progress made after recovering a mission.

* Parts:

- Added new scientific parts, like the Materials Bay and the Mystery Goo™ Canister. Also added experiments to many existing parts.

- The old science sensors now have a purpose. They all have their own experiments which enable them to log scientific data.

- The antennas are now functional, and can be used to transmit science data back to Kerbin, if recovering the physical experiments is not an option.

- Antennas consume massive amounts of power when transmitting. Make sure you have fresh batteries in.

- Added a new deployable antenna, which is an intermediate model compared to the two original ones.

- Completely remodelled the Communotron 88-88 Comms Dish. The new mesh uses the same placement rules so it won't break ships that have it.

- Nose Cones now actually help with improving stability during atmospheric flight.

- Revised a lot of part values and descriptions, in preparation for them actually meaning something in the near future.

- Overhauled the landing legs and gears, they now have proper shock-absorbing suspensions.

* Editor:

- Added a system to allow saving and loading of Sub-Assemblies.

- Subassemblies are subsets of spacecraft, which can later be attached to other designs and re-used.

* Space Center:

- The KSC Facilities have all been revised, and feature new ground meshes and many other graphical improvements.

- Greatly improved the Island Airfield.

- Added lighting FX to several facilities. The Runway (among many other things) is now properly lit at night.

- Added a new backdrop and soundtrack for the Astronaut Complex Facility.

- Added a new music track for the R&D Facility.

* Flight:

- It is now possible to recover a flight after landing/splashdown on Kerbin without going through the Tracking Station. Look above the Altimeter.

- The SAS system was again largely overhauled, based on all the feedback we've gotten from everyone. It's now stabler than ever.

* Solar System:

- Celestial Bodies now support Biome Maps, which are used to create different conditions for experiments.

- Biomes are currently implemented on Kerbin and on the Mun, more will be added on later updates.

* Launcher:

- We've got a new launcher application for KSP, featuring a news bulletin, patcher management, and also allows you to tweak settings from outside the game.

• IRkorpus and Lord Kebab Remover are drunk enough to care

Posted Image

CornProducts

CornProducts

Advanced Dismemberer

• Members
  • 774 posts
  • LocationUSA

Two succesful missions tonight. Kerbin orbit with and without goo observations. Here's some pics.

fmzLwXi.jpg

Not my final build, but similar. I replaced the solid fuel booster with another liquid fuel engine for more control-ability and a longer burn time.

bGtBvy5.jpg

Jeb getting a jump on the landing, going EVA about 1000m up. This mission would net me 36 science. Yummy.

• Lord Kebab Remover is drunk enough to care

Curious about the profile pic? The backstory is here http://www.thesneeze...ives/000344.php (not my blog)

Lord Kebab Remover

Lord Kebab Remover

• Members
  • 158 posts

Nice work Corn!

I've had a dozen or so missions but after a few suborbital and orbital hops I decided I wanted to get all three of my boys up in the air at once to celebrate the new patch.

iXNk4sP.jpg

Then we went to the Mun!

Yi36QQI.jpg

8z231JU.jpg

Which earnt about 370 science for the one mission.

So we decided to go to Minmus.

gULff1M.jpg

Which in total netted about 500 points of Science!

• IRkorpus is drunk enough to care

Posted Image

CornProducts

CornProducts

Advanced Dismemberer

• Members
  • 774 posts
  • LocationUSA

I bet that got your goo giggling. Yeayuh!

klesh

klesh

Dr. Venkman

• Members
  • 423 posts

This is the shit right here:

http://forum.kerbals...e-Replacer-v4-0

Download and drag into your \GameData folder. Then:

http://forum.kerbals...ll=1#post574333

Download and drag into your \GameData\UniverseReplacer\Textures\Skybox folder.

Much sexier looking universe sky.

• CornProducts and mzltv are drunk enough to care

Posted Image

CornProducts

CornProducts

Advanced Dismemberer

• Members
  • 774 posts
  • LocationUSA

Have you unlocked any more of the tech trees yet? I'm still ironing out my moon lander. Shit is as hard as... rocket science.

• Anti___ is drunk enough to care

Lord Kebab Remover

Lord Kebab Remover

• Members
  • 158 posts

In a big way, I finished the tech tree about three days after my last post here with a huge variety of unmanned one way missions to Duna, Ike, Eve, Gilly and Moho.

Lately just been building SSTOs.

• IRkorpus and Anti___ are drunk enough to care

Posted Image

Anti___

Anti___

You Are Here

• Members
  • 429 posts
  • LocationSwamp

Have you unlocked any more of the tech trees yet? I'm still ironing out my moon lander. Shit is as hard as... rocket science.

Yeah Im realizing how spoiled I wazvwiyh all the parts. Moon landing is hard.

Mr Nasty

Mr Nasty

Booty Enthusiast

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • LocationDrunkville

Is there any 'removing' in KSP? ;)

• Geralt of Rivia is drunk enough to care

Posted Image

Lord Kebab Remover

Lord Kebab Remover

• Members
  • 158 posts

Is there any 'removing' in KSP? ;)

Very much.

• Mr Nasty is drunk enough to care

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users