• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

TheWeinerKingOfDetroit

TheWeinerKingOfDetroit

how drunk am i atm?

• Members
  • 915 posts
  • LocationCut and Shoot, Texas

Our brother Klesh sent me a msg via Steam the other day and I hope he doesn't mind me sharing.

On Halloween, his condo burned down (no jokes). He got out safe but as a good Klesherino would no doubt do, he put himself at risk to help his neighbors save their pets and belongings.

Please keep him in your prayers to whatever magic space being you believe in.

--

In honor of Kleshy,

KChDNhi.jpg

• Steak and Potatoes, klesh, BigDog and 8 others are drunk enough to care

Posted Image

BigDog

BigDog

Grouchier every day.

• Members
  • 1140 posts
  • LocationScotland

He had fireworks indoors didn't he. All hail Klesh!
  • klesh, tommy290, TheWeinerKingOfDetroit and 1 other are drunk enough to care

Target Practice

Target Practice

Haha, 'member'.

• Musty Server Musterator
  • 602 posts

Well that's pretty shitty. Glad everyone's okay, and I hope he didn't lose too much.

• klesh, tommy290, TheWeinerKingOfDetroit and 1 other are drunk enough to care

CornProducts

CornProducts

Advanced Dismemberer

• Members
  • 774 posts
  • LocationUSA

He still has access to a computer right? I've got a steam time stamp of 17 hours ago for him. 

• klesh, TheWeinerKingOfDetroit and Prime are drunk enough to care

Shoot and Scoot... Stick Together... No One Gets Left Behind...  -Legionarius-

Curious about the profile pic? The backstory is here http://www.thesneeze...ives/000344.php (not my blog)

tommy290

tommy290

I have a question.

• 3548 posts

• LocationMichigan

Steam Profile

Does he need anything? 

BsVHjOO.png

CornProducts

CornProducts

Advanced Dismemberer

• Members
  • 774 posts
  • LocationUSA

Messaged him on steam to email me, he emailed me back, asked him the same thing, waiting for reply. That was last night.

I imagine he needs a new apartment.   :wacko:

• klesh and TheWeinerKingOfDetroit are drunk enough to care

Shoot and Scoot... Stick Together... No One Gets Left Behind...  -Legionarius-

Curious about the profile pic? The backstory is here http://www.thesneeze...ives/000344.php (not my blog)

klesh

klesh

Dr. Venkman

• Members
  • 423 posts
  • LocationAssholeachusetts

Hi fellas. It's nice to be here. :)

Whole big shitshow as you can imagine. Only 1/3 of my place is totaled in a rebuild kind of way. Loft room took a beating from the fire department making sure there was no fire behind the walls. Rest of the house totaled for insurance purposes, but gets cleaned professionally, repainted etc and should be okay. The unit next to me (this is a condo complex) got 100% totalled with fire, smoke and water damage, and the end unit burned 100% to the studs on the inside and will be torn down. Middle one probably torn down, but structural inspections gotta happen. I've had a crash course and a half in post-fire disaster recovery and shit over the last week. Turns out this is an active arson case, as they believe the fire was intentionally set. It's been crazy to say the least. No one was trying to burn me, I was just unfortunate enough to live in a connected building to the targets.

Its been a really shitty time, and right now i dont know what of my everything is going to be kept, what can be cleaned, what can't, etc. This will play out over the next few days. They are gutting my 3rd floor, so I dont know when I'll be back in there. Also, its almost winter in Massachusetts and last year we had 7 feet of snow; so the majority of construction (on the other units) will be put off till spring. There just isnt time before the freeze.

He had fireworks indoors didn't he. All hail Klesh!

Nope, fireworks are illegal in Massachusetts, and I don't find them fun enough to risk getting fined or blowing my finger off.

First thing is stop reading this and go check your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms right now. Replace the batteries anyway. Clean the dust out too. Seriously. If you are a sound sleeper, attach one to the back of your headboard. No joke.

He still has access to a computer right? I've got a steam time stamp of 17 hours ago for him.

I have my mobile phone with internet acces, as well as wifi for my tablet at the place I'm currently set up at. My computer is back at the place and is ruined I think. Insurance will pay for a new one.

Does he need anything?

At this point I could use some new irl friends. It seems most of them are concerned for me up to the point that they have to act beyond a text message. Its nice to see my internet type friends being concerned. My irl friends have litereally been "really tired, man" or they've "got my hands full, man" that kind of thing. It been 7 days since the fire and I havent seen one of my friends for one minute. Its astounding. Apparently you actually have to die for them to visit you, and only then its at a wake for 5 minutes. Only spoken to like 3 on phone. I'm set up temporarily in a friend's second house, but despite the ocean view, I've been pretty much alone this entire time left to my mile a minute thoughts about all things insurance, to reflecting on how close I was to pretty much not making it, and what tiny little things could've been different that then would've resulted in much different outcomes. 5mph more wind from the east and all 3 units woulve burned to a crisp instead of one. Stuff like that. Its far more traumatic and devastating to lose the safe place you call home. I wouldnt have though that, but Ive been reading up and its common. Its kind of a real shitty thing happenening. Its such a violation. Like, all kinds of strangers have been walking all up and down in my place, doing lord knows what and looking at all my everything, it just sucks. I didnt even have time to tidy up first. I hate visitors.

The fact that it is arson too, that just kicks up all the mental self-fuck factors a few notches. Naturally I want this arsonist to hang. I didnt do anything to them, but me and my immediate neighbors were just collateral fodder apparently. Fuck this guy/girl.

I almost slept through this fire, which wouldve killed me from the main cause of death in fires (I've been reading up), smoke inhalation. For some reason, all the fire alarms (which worked perfectly), my neighbors calling my (muted) phone, my neighbors pounding on my locked and deadbolted front door three flights down, the firetruck sirens outside, none of that woke me up. I woke up because the room was totally full of nasty acrid noxious smoke already; it was like waking up on an airplane that is in the process of crashing. You go from zero to sixty in an instant and man, you just hope you make the right choices. Two dogs died in the fire, but I was able to save a my cat and a dog. No people were killed, thank fuck.

If you saw this blaze, it was raging full on, like all 3 floors engulfed, you'd swear you were about to watch everything you own go up in flames. Ty, Mr. Fireman.

My friend's step dad died last night, so I had to go back to the smoked up disgusting condo and get my nice suit, and tried to find a dry cleaners open on Sunday. They might have the suit and tie i gave them ready by Monday night. I might have to go to this guys wake in jeans otherwise. I need this like a hole in the head, but you gotta keep it real and be there for others when they need you, despite them not reciprocating.

Oh also, thank you for asking, but I do not need anything. Insurance is going to cover alot of things, though my contents coverage wasnt the best. I am melting my credit cards and most of it will be reimbursed by my homeowner's policy. Learned a few things about this too. Also, its really really strange, but in some ways the idea of accepting help or heaven forbid asking for it seems bad to me. I know people want to help, irl, internet, but its almost embarrassing to ask or receive help, and it seems like more of just a shit-challenge i have to face than something I should allow strangers like the Red Cross help me with. I realize its completely not like that, but thats sort of a reaction one might have to this kind of thing if one is of a certain fortitude. The whole deal is a trip and a half.

Anyway, thats me typing things. I'm bored as fuck out here.

In honor of Kleshy

KChDNhi.jpg

Good lord, lol. Which one am I?
  • Inception., Steak and Potatoes, BigDog and 6 others are drunk enough to care

Posted Image

wooly-back-jack

wooly-back-jack

Wooly the Camper™

• 885 posts

• LocationWigan, England, UK

Steam Profile

here's hoping things get better soon for you fella :/

kichilron

kichilron

I banned tommy..

• Developer
  • 3859 posts
  • LocationPeter Enis

Steam Profile

I hope you're doing alright and you know us. If there's anything any one of us could do for you, we would. There's no shame in asking that, even though I know the feeling of not wanting to ask for help.

KAfrlth.jpg

Steak and Potatoes

Steak and Potatoes

For The Realm & John Locke

• Admustystrator
  • 2079 posts

• LocationAmber's Bedroom

Steam Profile

That's the shits, check your PM's Klesh.

What Can I Say I love AmberHelios

Prime

Prime

Definitely not Prime

• Members
  • 796 posts

• LocationNew Jersey (Murica)

Steam Profile

Nothing like a traumatic experience to put life into perspective (I've been through a few "I may not have been here right now" moments). Seems like you have at least one really good friend. Everything will deflate and get back to normal with time. The most important parts are you're a good person, braver than most, and you're alive.

***Remember, I'm 3-4 hours away and enjoy holding hands & long walks on the beach.

• klesh, kichilron and TheWeinerKingOfDetroit are drunk enough to care

MtwHh9C.jpg

You should never be out of whiskey. ~ tommy290

TheWeinerKingOfDetroit

TheWeinerKingOfDetroit

how drunk am i atm?

• Members
  • 915 posts
  • LocationCut and Shoot, Texas

Good lord, lol. Which one am I?

The one with the propeller hat obviously.  Who else?

Glad to see you're up and about brother.   You need to move into the Musty militia commune of peace.   We all live in heavily armed fireproof geodesic domes.

• klesh is drunk enough to care

Posted Image

klesh

klesh

Dr. Venkman

• Members
  • 423 posts
  • LocationAssholeachusetts

Update: cool family friend letting me stay at their second home turned out to be not so cool. Wife got really snippy and mean about certain petty things. For instance she thinks her bathroom needs to be professionally cleaned now because I am a cigarette smoker, and i showered in it. Like, not showered while smoking, but just washed the smoke off me which is now smelling her house up. To be honest its probably the housefire smoke smell and my few items i grabbed from the house still smell like a fire. Everything does.

So I am living in an extended stay hotel now, with my cat. Its actually not bad, and far far less stressful than having that woman nagging me about using the wrong glass to drink from. Gotta keep the stress from your life as much as possible. Not too bad here in the hotel and my cat seems to dig it.

Insurances working. Kicking in, checks rolling. Been buying new clothes. Gutted the 3rd floor. Holy shit. Tons of stuff just too damaged to keep. You'll never be able to get the smoke out of most stuff. Had cleaners in the other floors yesterday. hvac guys to blow the system through, lots of shit in the ductwork. I think they want to replace the 3rd floor section too. This is going to take forever before its back to normal, but hey, whatever.

Trying to stay positive. There are some opportunities to be had here, for sure.
  • Steak and Potatoes, BigDog, kichilron and 4 others are drunk enough to care

Posted Image

Steak and Potatoes

Steak and Potatoes

For The Realm & John Locke

• Admustystrator
  • 2079 posts

• LocationAmber's Bedroom

Steam Profile

Move out west, Ive got the back seat of a car with your name on it no charge.

• tommy290, kichilron, Prime and 1 other are drunk enough to care

What Can I Say I love AmberHelios

Target Practice

Target Practice

Haha, 'member'.

• 602 posts

Move out west, Ive got the back seat trunk of a car with your name on it no charge.

FTFY

• tommy290, kichilron and Prime are drunk enough to care

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Klesh, Klehs, Klesherino

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users