INSANIAC

INSANIAC

'AV IT!

• Musty Server Musterator
  • 601 posts

• LocationEngland

Steam Profile

So, I won't be getting it anytime soon.

I do like Bethesda games, but Kiri has a point here. They make the same if not worse mistakes that other developers do but don't get any flak for it. 

• wooly-back-jack is drunk enough to care

Posted Image

CornProducts

CornProducts

Advanced Dismemberer

• Members
  • 774 posts
  • LocationUSA

Haven't seen one of those glitches yet. I'll post here if I do. And I've already got a shameful amount of hours into it.

I tell you what the problem is, 90 percent of those videos are from consoles.  :D

• Star, baker, Dice and 1 other are drunk enough to care

Shoot and Scoot... Stick Together... No One Gets Left Behind...  -Legionarius-

Curious about the profile pic? The backstory is here http://www.thesneeze...ives/000344.php (not my blog)

wooly-back-jack

wooly-back-jack

Wooly the Camper™

• 885 posts

• LocationWigan, England, UK

Steam Profile

wtf @ 2:45 lol

• INSANIAC is drunk enough to care

INSANIAC

INSANIAC

'AV IT!

• 601 posts

• LocationEngland

Steam Profile

Haven't seen one of those glitches yet. I'll post here if I do. And I've already got a shameful amount of hours into it.

I tell you what the problem is, 90 percent of those videos are from consoles.  :D

The video is about 50/50 when it comes to PC or Console footage, but that only proves the fact that the bugs are tied to all platforms.

Personally I find these bugs and glitches hilarious because I'm just watching them and not experiencing them ruin my gameplay. I'll probably get Fallout 4 later when the inevitable GOTY edition comes out and these bugs have (hopefully) been fixed.

Also this isn't a bug but I've seen lots of footage of dogs being completely retarded like activating traps while players are attempting to examine them and barking whilst the player is sneaking thus alerting everyone to where he is.

Posted Image

tommy290

tommy290

I have a question.

• 3544 posts

• LocationMichigan

Steam Profile

But is the game fun? That's all I care about. New Vegas has some annoying quirks, but I still have a blast playing it. Skyrim was the same. So was DayZ mod. And Arma 3. Pretty sure I had weird stuff happen in Borderlands 2. Can't forget Battlefield 4. Damn near all of my most played games were faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from perfect, but I still thoroughly enjoyed them. I ignore a lot because I just don't care so long as overall I'm having fun. Many people would say I'm part of the problem, but I can't hear them over the sound of my game playing. :)

I also differ in the opinion that devs are stupid and just don't give a crap what they release. I know there are examples, but I seriously doubt the people who put Fallout 4 together didn't try to get the game right. I think people underestimate how hard it is to make a complex game for PC and have it function correctly. It's hard enough to do it for consoles where you have standardized specs. Imagine trying to do the same thing where there is no standard. It's like recipes. The most amazing chef in the world can create the most amazing recipe in the world, but then people complain because they don't think it's the greatest food they've ever tried. How is the chef supposed to account for different equipment, different quality of ingredients, different abilities of the people using his recipe, different preferences of the people eating the food? He can't, so he makes the best recipe he can that'll work for the majority of people. Criticisms of the chef and/or recipe are fine, but I wouldn't go so far as to say the chef doesn't know what he's doing and he doesn't care about screwing over those people using his recipes.

• BigDog, FinalNinja447, Bigchef and 1 other are drunk enough to care

BsVHjOO.png

INSANIAC

INSANIAC

'AV IT!

• 601 posts

• LocationEngland

Steam Profile

Having an opinion about food is not the same as having factual bugs and errors so I don't see the point in that comparison.

Is the game fun, I couldn't say as I haven't played it and I'm not spending money on it until I hear it's in a better condition. But as to whether you would think it would be fun, well you'll have to judge that for yourself.

Posted Image

Dchil

Dchil

Well did he fire six shots or only 5?

• Members
  • 289 posts

• LocationQLD Australia

Having an opinion about food is not the same as having factual bugs and errors so I don't see the point in that comparison.

Is the game fun, I couldn't say as I haven't played it and I'm not spending money on it until I hear it's in a better condition. But as to whether you would think it would be fun, well you'll have to judge that for yourself.

Basically DayZ ladders right there.

We live that sh*t.

TBH I haven't played it, I'm hyped to play it but by the time I have a PC I'm willing to dump the time into a GOTY version will probably be out.

Or Fallout: New Texas or whatever location they decide to make into an expansion like New Vegas.

"Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding, and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face."

- Kirito (SAO Abridged)

I5-2500K/GTX1050TI/16GBDDR3/NoctuaNHD15

kichilron

kichilron

I banned tommy..

• Developer
  • 3859 posts
  • LocationPeter Enis

Steam Profile

Basically DayZ ladders right there.

We live that sh*t.

You can say what you want about DayZ, but atleast it's not a fullprice fullrelease.

• INSANIAC is drunk enough to care

KAfrlth.jpg

BigDog

BigDog

Grouchier every day.

• Members
  • 1140 posts
  • LocationScotland

You can say what you want about DayZ, but atleast it's not a fullprice fullrelease.

Arma ladders then!

I'm having a heap of fun with it. Haven't had any major issues/bugs. The main minor issue is that the menus/controls are optimised for consoles but I fully expect the mod community to fix that as they did for Skyrim.

OFC they shouldn't have to in an ideal world but I can overlook it for the fun its giving me.
  • tommy290 is drunk enough to care

tommy290

tommy290

I have a question.

• 3544 posts

• LocationMichigan

Steam Profile

The point is that trying to design anything to fit an almost unlimited set of circumstances will inevitably lead to some people having issues. Any game can be tested out the wazoo, but it's simply not feasible to ensure it works on every possible configuration out there. There are going to be bugs, and for some reason many people act surprised when they're found. The mentality I see from some gamers is that companies are intentionally not fixing things because they just don't care or they're not competent enough. I do not agree with that assessment. I believe some gamers hold companies to an impossible standard of perfection. AAA titles in this day and age are incredibly complex, so I expect there might be some problems with a new, large-scale release. I don't feel anyone should get upset unless they don't fix the major bugs. If the game crashes every time you go to a certain city, then yes, they need to fix that shit. If the ragdoll animations are wonky once in awhile, just deal with it. For anyone that doesn't like to deal with minor issues, don't buy a game until it's been patched a couple times. 

I know there's an argument if you paid $60 for a game you expect it to work. I agree with that. However, it should be readily apparent by now that it's impossible to have a huge game release without bugs. Has there been a single AAA title in the last few years that didn't need a patch? If only one company was patching after release, I could understand blaming that company for shoddy releases. But it's every single company. I can't believe every developer is full of people who don't know how to make games. It makes more sense, in my opinion, that developers are doing the best with what they have and we're simply at a point where games are too complex to be bug-free out the gate. If you want bug-free, you have to wait until after the release when the major issues are patched out.

BsVHjOO.png

tommy290

tommy290

I have a question.

• 3544 posts

• LocationMichigan

Steam Profile

Arma ladders then!

I'm having a heap of fun with it. Haven't had any major issues/bugs. The main minor issue is that the menus/controls are optimised for consoles but I fully expect the mod community to fix that as they did for Skyrim.

OFC they shouldn't have to in an ideal world but I can overlook it for the fun its giving me.

I'm really hoping the team that did SkyUI will do something for FO4. Bethesda should bring those guys on full-time, as SkyUI was amazing. 

BsVHjOO.png

CornProducts

CornProducts

Advanced Dismemberer

• Members
  • 774 posts
  • LocationUSA

The search bar in that was genius.

Shoot and Scoot... Stick Together... No One Gets Left Behind...  -Legionarius-

Curious about the profile pic? The backstory is here http://www.thesneeze...ives/000344.php (not my blog)

Dead Meat

Dead Meat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 176 posts

• LocationIreland

Steam Profile

.... If you want bug-free, you have to wait until after the release when the major issues are patched out.

Spoiler

• tommy290 is drunk enough to care

"You play ball with me and I'll scratch yours."

"Versatility is his speciality" - Arthur Daley

Dead Meat

Dead Meat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 176 posts

• LocationIreland

Steam Profile

I played a decent amount of New Vegas (50+ hours according to steam). I stopped because of the damned corrupted save game bugs. I know these big AAA titles are bound to have bugs on release but I bought the game 4 years after it was released. Google told me that I was far from alone in suffering from corrupted save files. OK, maybe there's some workaround or a mod that fixes the problem but why wasn't something that obvious fixed by Bethesda. If they're happy to ignore such an apparently common, obvious and game breaking bug as that I wouldn't be holding my breath for any major bug fixes any time soon. That said it's early days and those who (unlike me) have actually played the game aren't seeing any or too many bugs/glitches. So perhaps the sky isn't falling.

"You play ball with me and I'll scratch yours."

"Versatility is his speciality" - Arthur Daley

FinalNinja447

FinalNinja447

*It's a hologram*

• Members
  • 397 posts

• LocationQuebec

Steam Profile

I'm enjoying the game thus far and have experienced little to no bugs, except for some quirky physics here and there, but it's mostly comical rather than game-breaking.

I'm also a lil salty that he tried comparing the flak Arkham Knight got compared to this game.

See the difference being that Arkham Knight had game breaking bugs and poor optimization (You had less FPS with an SLI Titan Z than with a single card) making the game unplayable. F4 up to date I believe only have one discovered game breaking bug concerning a save file corruption. Poor comparison.

• baker and Dice are drunk enough to care

'' People talk about phantom limbs. An amputee feels an itch where his foot used to be. So I've always wondered...

Do eunuchs have a phantom c*ck? ''

ezgif.com-gif-maker_zps1r64q7uz.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users