The state of Fallout 4

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

GOD™

GOD™

Advanced Member

• Musty Server Musterator
  • 376 posts

Stop scaring me off, i actually want to buy this game.

The+first+time+i+actually+tried+to+kill+

• baker, tommy290 and FinalNinja447 are drunk enough to care

Star

Star

"Nothing Is Beyond Our Reach" - Octopus

• Admustystrator
  • 1561 posts

Steam Profile

• Star - In Game
    Total War™: WARHAMMER®
    17 hrs last 2 weeks.
    Add Friend

(I'm a fanboy so I am Biased) 

But the game is actually quite decent.

it does have a lot of bugs though, main one that annoyed me was the Deathclaw floating at the start of the game, and a few issues with conversations

Although that guy sounded like one of those Typical "complain about everything without research" kind of guys 
He did make a few good points but most of it was shit eg;

"No, how about the SkyUI guys Not make a mod, how about bethesda goes and fixes it and its shitty design system"

..its the same design they have always used... like the exact same, with improvements on the speech section 

You don't just go to a series and say:
"Now you have used the same system for every game, BUT THIS ONE IS SHIT AND I DON'T LIKE IT AND I WANT YOU TO REMOVE IT NOW OR ELSE ILL MAKE MORE ANGRY VIDEOS"

Instead of going with a mod... where people personalize the designs that tailor towards people that have specific things they like

honestly sounds like someone who has only played console's and doesn't know the meaning of Modifications to change design and style

Ultimately I 100% recommend the game to anyone if you have played previous ones. the customisation level on it is the same as all the previous ones, along with their oblivion/skyrim systems

But if you don't like playing games that have a few small issues than the game is not for you, as every bug I saw in that video was fixed on release/day after patch 

Also most of these bugs were fixed in the first day or two of release.

• baker, Dice, Bigchef and 1 other are drunk enough to care

Check out http://www.avasdemon.com/for an amazing Visual Story

diggers

diggers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 177 posts
  • Locationuk

"Ultimately I 100% recommend the game"

what star said,its awesome.

fallout has always had bugs,cannot build a game this big/epic with so many intertwining stories and there not be a few flaws.

and just noticed have played 10 hours today,not done that for a while on any game.

• baker, Dice and Bigchef are drunk enough to care

baker

baker

I wub amber

• Admustystrator
  • 1411 posts

• LocationNorth of all of you, even chef.

Steam Profile

Did not watch any reveiws, no footage or anything, playing it for what it is. My conclusion? Its wonderful. Its the fallout game I've been waiting for. I dont care much for the politics of development all I ever want is "my game"  and they gave it to me. Hallelujah!

• Star, GOD™, Dice and 1 other are drunk enough to care
Spoiler

I had this dream where I relished the fray
And the screaming filled my head all day
It was as though I'd been spit here
Settled in, into the pocket
Of a lighthouse on some rocky socket
Off the coast of France, dear
One afternoon four thousand men died in the water here
And five hundred more were thrashing madly
As parasites might in your blood
Now I was in a lifeboat designed for ten and ten only
Anything that systematic would get you hated
It's not a deal nor a test nor a love of something fated

Star

Star

• Admustystrator
  • 1561 posts

Steam Profile

• Star - In Game
    17 hrs last 2 weeks.
    Add Friend

Did not watch any reveiws, no footage or anything, playing it for what it is. My conclusion? Its wonderful. Its the fallout game I've been waiting for. I dont care much for the politics of development all I ever want is "my game"  and they gave it to me. Hallelujah!

I thought I had huge hair, Turns out I have a huge head

Spoiler

• GOD™, baker, tommy290 and 2 others are drunk enough to care

GOD™

GOD™

Advanced Member

• 376 posts

I thought I had huge hair, Turns out I have a huge head

Spoiler

Spoiler

• tommy290, Bigchef and Target Practice are drunk enough to care

Dice

Dice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 507 posts

Awesome game. But like always, if you want to hit a dog, there is always a stick handy somewhere.

• baker and Bigchef are drunk enough to care

The beginning already began and ended. The ending already ended and began again. The Middle Way is near if you’re beginning to see how all things are connected; it’s already here if you’re on the path and you understand that the journey’s the thing.

Heisenberg

Heisenberg

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationSteak's Sex Dungeon

First off, yes. This is Bethesda, there are going to be bugs. Usually just hilarious visual glitches, but others a little more game breaking. 

However, I've currently put 90+ hours into fallout 4 and am yet to have an issue that a simple save/reload can't fix. One time a room didn't render in properly, but I had been playing for about 6 straight hours on a hot day, so it could have been a hardware overheating issue more than anything. I've had my model (pip boy and gun) disappear several times. But saving and reloading your game will fix this. The most annoying thing so far is an issue with all Bethesda games, especially skyrim, in which objects get stuck in the environment or even other objects, and just bounce around making a horrible noise. This issue might affect your frame rate if you run a toaster, but 99.99% of the time you will have a fun, functional game that is immersive as fuck.

Just don't play console - I've heard that the XBO version is the worst offender.

• Star is drunk enough to care

Sticky Bandits 4 Lyfe.  

Han iacula primum.

purgatori11

purgatori11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Locationbrisbane

H I  I don't have fallout on pc but I have it on playstation 4 first few hours had no bugs or glitches but after awhile bugger me game has crashed a few times , stuff flying around , I glitch stuff through walls including enemys.

Pip boys wont open sometimes and the only way to open it is go into vatts then cancel and it works again lol .

Not bagging the game as Ive had a heap of fun so far even with a few bugs.  

klesh

klesh

Dr. Venkman

• Members
  • 423 posts
  • LocationAssholeachusetts

Hey, don't complain. At least you guys can play videogames at all.
  • Star, GOD™, baker and 3 others are drunk enough to care

Posted Image

Dr Bane

Dr Bane

I <3 kichilron

• Developer
  • 1277 posts
  • LocationNorway

Steam Profile

Played the game for around 70h now and havent seen any bugs.

I know that the console got some prob, but for me the PC verson run as a dream.

• Star and Bigchef are drunk enough to care

Star

Star

• Admustystrator
  • 1561 posts

Steam Profile

• Star - In Game
    17 hrs last 2 weeks.
    Add Friend

Best Mod Ever
h4qr2wX.jpg

• baker, tommy290, Zodiac13 and 1 other are drunk enough to care

CornProducts

CornProducts

Advanced Dismemberer

• Members
  • 774 posts
  • LocationUSA

I wouldn't put it past him to say, "There is no sign of intelligent life here."

• Bigchef is drunk enough to care

Shoot and Scoot... Stick Together... No One Gets Left Behind...  -Legionarius-

Curious about the profile pic? The backstory is here http://www.thesneeze...ives/000344.php (not my blog)

klesh

klesh

Dr. Venkman

• Members
  • 423 posts
  • LocationAssholeachusetts

I, for one, really enjoy this game.  I waited a year for them to work out all the bugs and drop the price.  Got it on a super steam sale for lousy cheap.  My first fallout game, and of course living in Boston makes it all the more special to me. In case you are wondering, I live near the Nakano's house from the Far Harbor DLC.  I am a little disappointed with Salem, seeing as it only has that one mission to the actual city.  The witch museum is cool and it looks just like it irl.  I'm like 10 minutes away from that.

I highly suggest this youtuber, Oxhorn, for his Fallout 4 content.  He posts a new video every_single_day and is very in depth.  You'd be amazed at how much detail and story you probably blow past at each location.  There are so many interconnections and details in this game that I have to laugh at the Fallout diehards who call the game shit and stopped playing after 20 hours or something.  I'm 575 hours in and will be playing much more.

• tommy290 is drunk enough to care

Posted Image

tommy290

tommy290

I have a question.

• 3544 posts

• LocationMichigan

Steam Profile

I kinda want the game just to build a city. Looks like you can do some neat stuff with electricity and such.

• klesh is drunk enough to care

BsVHjOO.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users