Photo

Some Advice if you need work now or in the future.

CAD Engineering Programming Work Job Future Choices

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Dice

Dice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 504 posts

Hi Guys,

As some of you guys might know I spend most of my days as a Independent Mechanical CAD Engineer. For obvious reasons there has been an explosive interest in Electric vehicles, I've been/am involved in three projects for E-buses this year only and just returned from an exhibition in Kortrijk Belgium named Bussworld https://www.busworldeurope.org There I noticed something  interesting.

All e-buses (obviously) have all kinds of electric components like the Interface-Systems, Battery-systems, 12V Systems, 24V Systems, CCTV systems, Door-Systems, EngineSystems and many others. All of these systems have different Management systems and need to be brought together in a VMS or Vehicle Management System.

Now I'm not too familar (yet) with programming or the languages used in these type of systems or what it takes exactly to tie these things together under one VMS but I do know that there is a great need for people that are able to program these things. And it seems there are not really that many companies or people that provide these services or the transparency on what it really takes.

Since I gathered that there are a few programmers in the community I thought I'd drop this information on here, perhaps it inspires somebody to go explore that route. And who knows, we might end up working on a project together in the future. Also, in the off-chance that somebody sees this and thinks; ''I know exactly what he's talking about'' and is willing to share his or her infinite knowledge on this, I would be very interested to hear.

Now there might be a reason why there is so few people available to do this that I am missing. If anybody knows a possible reason for this I'd be interested to know.

SideNote:

If you're not a programmer or are not smart enough to be one like myself, you can always go and find yourself a piece of software online that takes your fancy, learn how to work with it, go to your Chamber of commerce and become an independant whatever. Within a year orso you'll be skilled anough to start asking people modest hourly rates to build experience and a name. Every year you go up 5-10 Euro's or whatevers and you decide who to work for and when. It's what I did and I can't say I'm sorry since the 9 till 5 type of thing isn't my type of thing. Granted that being independent means you need to also broaden your knowledge on taxes, administration and those type of things, but in the worst case you can get somebody to help you with that.

Anyhoo, I'm curious to see what your 2 cents are on the subject.

Explanation CAN Bus System: https://www.linkedin...-kiril-mucevski

Explanation VMS Bus System: https://www.slidesha...nagement-system

• baker is drunk enough to care

The beginning already began and ended. The ending already ended and began again. The Middle Way is near if you’re beginning to see how all things are connected; it’s already here if you’re on the path and you understand that the journey’s the thing.

wooly-back-jack

wooly-back-jack

Wooly the Camper™

• Musty Server Musterator
  • 881 posts

• LocationWigan, England, UK

Steam Profile

don't know much about that sector apart from delivering the parts so must be god for me too :P

In all seriousness though, my son (19) is in his final year in his apprenticeship in mechanical engineering + welding (he's been double distinction upto now) he's with a good company atm they do food machinery stuffs I think (packaging automation is the company) and he's been pondering whether to go further and go into design if he can.

• Dice is drunk enough to care

Dice

Dice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 504 posts

don't know much about that sector apart from delivering the parts so must be god for me too :P

In all seriousness though, my son (19) is in his final year in his apprenticeship in mechanical engineering + welding (he's been double distinction upto now) he's with a good company atm they do food machinery stuffs I think (packaging automation is the company) and he's been pondering whether to go further and go into design if he can.

That company your son works for is not this company is it? http://www.joloda.com/

The beginning already began and ended. The ending already ended and began again. The Middle Way is near if you’re beginning to see how all things are connected; it’s already here if you’re on the path and you understand that the journey’s the thing.

wooly-back-jack

wooly-back-jack

Wooly the Camper™

• Musty Server Musterator
  • 881 posts

• LocationWigan, England, UK

Steam Profile

no this one: http://www.pal.co.uk

• Dice is drunk enough to care

baker

baker

I wub amber

• Admustystrator
  • 1407 posts

• LocationNorth of all of you, even chef.

Steam Profile

I heart boobies

• Star, Dice and wooly-back-jack are drunk enough to care
Spoiler

I had this dream where I relished the fray
And the screaming filled my head all day
It was as though I'd been spit here
Settled in, into the pocket
Of a lighthouse on some rocky socket
Off the coast of France, dear
One afternoon four thousand men died in the water here
And five hundred more were thrashing madly
As parasites might in your blood
Now I was in a lifeboat designed for ten and ten only
Anything that systematic would get you hated
It's not a deal nor a test nor a love of something fated

Dice

Dice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 504 posts

That Baker, still trying to convince people he likes woman. What he really means; I heart man boobies on Dice

• baker and wooly-back-jack are drunk enough to care

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users